Dehydrated skin is not a skin type but a skin condition. Ones’ skin can be dry, oily, combination or dehydrated. The natural moisturizing factor (NMF) is an invisible amino acid composition that sits on the stratum corneum as well as interwoven into the skin cell making up a part that is considered the skin's "acid mantle". Both dry and oily skin can struggle to hold moisture when the acid mantel layer is disrupted.
Harsh cleansers, hot water and excessive use of AHA's, retinoids and of course the biggest external culprit, the sun, contribute to dehydrated skin. Seasonal changes, lifestyle and aging in general can also contribute to dehydrated skin. Selecting products to promote internal moisture balance and enhance the skin barrier will help guard against dehydration.
Products to Help Dehydrated Skin
Rose Foaming Cream Cleanser is formulated to gently and thoroughly cleanse without harsh ingredients leaving skin soft and hydrated.
- Saccharide Isomerate helps to maintain skins moisture barrier and reduce transepidermal loss.
Pure Squalane is a non-comedogenic oil that protects the skin barrier and helps hold onto internal hydration.
PRO TIPS: Use this non-comedogenic oil in the daytime and or nighttime as a moisturizer or combine with moisturizer in the evening as an enhanced overnight treatment. Also great on lips, cuticles or body lotion.
Vitamin B-5 Hydrating Serum an oil-free serum that replenish and maintain skins optimum moisture balance and reduces transepidermal water loss (TEWL).
- Sodium Hyaluronate (AKA Hyaluronic Acid) has a small molecular size making it especially penetrative, it is able to hold more water than any other natural substance — up to 1,000 times its weight in water. It has been shown to boost skins moisture, reduce inflammation and reduce TWEL.
- Panthenol (Vitamin B-5 ) is an excellent humectant that helps retain hydration, its structure allows it to attract moisture from the atmosphere and bind to water molecules. It also healing and an anti-inflammatory.
Ultra Restorative Moisturizer an ultra rich and creamy formula with ingredients to protect the skin barrier and fight free radicals leaving the skin with a dewy finish.
- Sunflower Seed Oil helps hydrate calm and soothe the skin.
- Castor Oil contains essential fatty acids that helps the skin maintain its natural moisture balance and is also calming.
Antioxidant Moisturizer A silky moisturizer that absorbs quickly to hydrate and soften while a combination of botanical extracts protects and repairs environmentally damaged skin.
- Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter rich in unsaturated fatty acids and Vitamin E to protect against dryness and heal and soothe inflammation.
- Glycerin is a non-comedogenic humectant that increases skin hydration to soothe dryness and is also an excellent emollient to soften skin.
Total Eye Repair A sheer, lightweight formula helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles, visibly improve firmness and the appearance of dark circles.
- Squalane creates a barrier between the skin and the environment so the skin can better retain moisture as it protects the external layer of the epidermis.
- Syn-Eye a powerful complex of Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Algae (Dunaliella Salina) extract to moisturize, protect, improve the appearance of dark circles and fine lines.